Social media is the new buzzword running through the internet and informing businesses both online and off. To make the most of the social media tools which are at your disposal, here are five quick tips to get you started.
1. Research – First you need to get to grips with the big players in the social media scene and appreciate that popularity of certain services can fluctuate. At the moment Facebook and Twitter have growing audiences of hundreds of millions of users from diverse backgrounds, while LinkedIn is the business-orientated social network.
2. Rules of Engagement – You need to appreciate that social media has a different vocabulary and set of marketing rules for you to maximise the impact of your brand. Targeted ads based on the hobbies and interests of your target audience can be purchased, although you first need to identify these likes and dislikes so that you can run an efficient campaign.
3. Reviews – Social media applications are abundant, although some are more useful than others if you are planning a campaign. Check reviews and seek expert advice to make the most of these services which feed into larger sites. Also look and see which services your competitors are using; this will save you some legwork!
4. Blog – You do not necessarily need to rely on larger sites to make the most of social media, as creating an engaging blog which keeps users coming back to your site is just as good a way of building up interest in your firm and services.
5. Professionalism – Be aware that the blanket exposure offered by social media comes with its own pitfalls, so keep the presentation of your business and your online conduct on a level which you would want to be experience by others.