The microblogging site Twitter is not just for individuals and Twitter marketing is proving to be an effective social media marketing tool for businesses. When you embrace Twitter marketing, you can gain increased company website hits, brand awareness and customer loyalty. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Ensure that your content is relevant. You will find that when you submit relevant and engaging ‘tweets’ that you will increase the number of followers that you have on this social media site. You can intersperse interesting information that you have personally developed with links to industry-relevant articles written by others.
2. Try not to be too sales-focused with your Twitter marketing. Good content will drive people to your website to find out more about your company and through the sales funnel. If you are too pushy or promotion-based, you will lose followers.
3. Start a conversation. Due to the nature of social networking sites, you will have people responding to your blog feed and asking questions. Don’t be afraid to develop an ongoing dialogue with your followers. It is a good way of developing your customer service on this social media site and showing that you value your clients and prospects. It helps people to engage with your brand.
4. Gain feedback. Likewise, ask questions of your followers to gain real-time feedback and opinions on your company and its products and services. This type of Twitter marketing can save a great deal of investment on focus groups.
5. Add links to your website where appropriate. If you are mentioning a new product launch or some company news, link directly to the relevant pages within your company website.
To take the hassle out of Twitter Marketing, try WinWeb’s Twitter Marketing from our expert Business Process Outsourcing team!