A poorly designed website can be very damaging to the reputation of a business and cost them sales and customers.
Here are some handy hints for anyone looking for a business website:
• Put your logo on every page of your website so that people can identify what company they are looking at, even if they visit randomly from a search engine.
• Make sure that your navigation bar is in the same place on every page, otherwise it can become confusing.
• Include a privacy statement that includes information about you and your company, together with your business location and opening hours.
• Ensure that your website is completely secure, otherwise you should not be selling products or making financial transactions through it.
• Keep a consistent aesthetic theme throughout the website. It is tempting to be creative and design each page separately, but it will just result in a disjointed and confusing end result.
• Add useful content related to your business that is likely to get you more search engine hits and then people will find your website easier.