Many businesses and individuals are turning to online storage services to keep their files safe, secure but totally accessible. Here are five important tips to remember when storing your data online.
1. Protection – Make sure that your data is protected with the latest security. There can be nothing worse than finding that your files have been compromised so check the service is reputable and that its servers are well guarded.
2. Accessibility – Make sure that you can access your data wherever you go. There is no point in signing up to a service which you can only use in your office because one of the main reasons to use online storage is to enhance your working flexibility and productivity.
3. Collaboration – Make sure you can grant access to the people who need it. Collaboration is an important aspect of online storage and so controlling who can download and modify your saved data will let you expand the scope of your projects. Also check that the sharing options are as wide ranging as possible. Providing access to your files should be achievable in a number of ways, from email to instant messaging.
4. Simplicity – Make sure the process of backing up and restoring your data is as simple as possible – an online solution makes it easy to store, and retrieve, your vital documents.
5. Space – Make sure that there is enough online storage space to accommodate your growing business. The scalability of a storage service will often determine its usefulness.