The annual Global Entrepreneurship week has kicked off today (November 18-24) and it is fully expected to be the greatest one yet, with over 7.5 million people estimated to be taking part this year across 130 countries and over 3,000 events taking place in the UK.
Global Entrepreneurship Week was created with the aim of supporting and inspiring the development of new entrepreneurs. This can take the form of guiding budding young business people in their first entrepreneurial footsteps, or aiding inexperienced startups and fast-growing businesses to decide what their next step is going to be.
Anyone searching for entrepreneurial advice can sign up to any of the events taking place around the country to receive free practical advice and support on running their own business. It is expected that over half a million people will take part and benefit from some of the events this week.
The theme for 2013 is “Take a Step Forward” which follows on nicely from last years theme of “Pass it On”, where current successful business people were encouraged to take part and share their entrepreneurial knowledge. Now they themselves are being given encouragement to move further along with their plans, whether that involves actually going ahead and starting a business or sesing a new opportunity which is available to them.
If you want to follow the latest Global Entrepreneurship Week news, use the hashtag #GEWfwd on Twitter or if you want to get involved you can come along to one of the free workshops being hosted by us at the WinWeb HUB in Letchworth.
All throughout Global Entrepreneurship Week, we at WinWeb will be running a series of free educational and informative events and workshops that are designed to help entrepreneurs get the best start to their business lives.
There are two workshops available daily to everyone. One will focus on Cloud Computing and the other will focus on Starting a Business. Each will be approximately an hour long and presented by one of our very knowledgeable experts.
Take a look at a description of the two workshops and book your place by clicking here
Cloud Computing Workshop
Suitable for anyone in currently in business or considering starting up.
This workshop is available for anyone that wants to find out more about Cloud Computing and how this technology can help their business to make online sales.
What is it?
▪ This workshop will give an overview of the benefits of cloud computing, including cost savings and security.
Why should you be doing this workshop?
▪ This workshop will help business owners understand how they can use Cloud Computing to improve profitability and streamline their business processes.
▪ This workshop will highlight efficiencies available through Cloud Computing adoption.
What are the benefits?
▪ Begin your journey with an introduction to the benefits of the Cloud.
▪ Learn how Cloud Computing enables rapid deployment and scalability.
▪ Discover how Cloud Computing can help reduce your overall IT expenditure.
▪ Become familiar with how to increase capacity and add capabilities on the fly.
Starting a Business Workshop
Suitable for anyone thinking about starting a business.
This workshop aims to provide the skills and confidence necessary to start a business and is open to anyone thinking of starting their own business.
What is it?
▪ The workshop will highlight the personal and professional benefits of starting your business and explain why self-employment is a viable alternative to working for someone else.
Why should you do this workshop?
▪ This workshop will help support prospective business owners considering starting a new business and provide them with all the relevant information they will need.
What are the benefits?
▪ Obtain valuable knowledge about all aspects of starting a business
▪ You will meet other prospective entrepreneurs
▪ Your questions about entrepreneurship will be answered by a business expert
▪ Gain a vital advantage over your competition
▪ Find out if starting a business is for you
▪ Develop confidence, inspiration, belief and motivation